What To Wear Instead of “Mom Jeans”
Childbirth is not one bit kind to the body. The hips get wide and the bust size changes. It may sound sad at first, but it’s the best excuse to shop for a whole new wardrobe! While you’re at it, please skip the “mom jeans.” They’re not that flattering, and there are more comfortable (not to mention fashionable) options out there. Here are a few trendy alternatives:
Leggings and a Tunic
Leggings are very comfortable and flattering if worn right. Make sure you wear a top long enough to cover your backside!
Vince classic black leggings, Joie catalinda lamé silk tunic, Joie momsen tunic
If you wear a dress that accentuates your waist and gives you a lot of room at the bottom, you won’t have to worry about anything “hugging” your new hips.
Shoshanna erika dress
Shorts and Tights
Try this combo if you’re feeling adventurous. Keep them dark and add a pretty top to pull the look together!
Ted Baker astet shorts, Orla Kiely silk crepe neck-tie blouse, Kate Spade jewelry
Skinny Boyfriend Jeans
These are perfect for those who are afraid to commit to skinny jeans but are not willing for their pants to look baggy. Skinny boyfriend jeans are not high-waisted and have enough room to make your legs look slender.
Current/Elliott mid-rise boyfriend jeans
You can either show off your new hips with a peplum skirt or tone them down with a classic, A-line style.
Milly delphine skirt
With these in your closet, not only will you have more options but you will also pull off an effortless look every single time!
What To Wear
- What To Pack for a Summer Vacation in Europe
- What To Wear for the 4th of July
- What To Wear to a Summer Barbecue
- What To Pack for a Beach Vacation
- What To Wear To A Beach Wedding
- How To Land Your Dream Job
- What To Wear to a Summer Wedding
- Layering for Spring Evenings
- What To Wear To Your High School Reunion
- What To Wear On A Rainy Day
- What To Pack for a Cruise
- Blazers for Everyone!
- What To Wear to a Networking Event
- What To Wear to Coachella
- Easy Outfit Combinations for the Office
- Spring Skirt for Rain or Shine
- What To Wear for Easter
- What To Wear To A Bridal Shower
- What To Wear to a Spring Wedding
- What To Wear to Your Next Big Meeting
- Always A Bridesmaid
- What to Wear on CNBC
- What To Wear to a Skype Interview
- What To Wear on Valentine’s Day: 1 Blazer, 4 Ways
- What To Wear on Valentine’s Day: Casual Date Night